Batteries are known for chemicals inside but we never realised they could be so dangerous, this poor 2 year old died after swallowing a tiny watch style battery.
On Saturday she was fine. It was a perfect Christmas.’
They operated on her for two and a half hours, but they couldn’t stop the bleeding.
‘They believed the battery (acid) ate through to her carotid artery by way of her esophagus… We had no idea when she swallowed it .’
I want to keep these things [batteries] out of houses. They are dangerous.’
It is thought Brianna had swallowed the battery at some point in the six days before her death however eating a battery generally means a long and painful death by some combination of metal poisoning or chemical burns.
Never risk it. If you think it has happened then rush to A&E for a stomach pump / Xray.