Sky has launched a ‘VIP’ loyalty system for all customers today with the best gifts going to those who have been with them for a long period. Most of the prizes are “money can buy products/services” but others consist of “money can’t buy experiences” such as the chance to visit filming locations of Game of Thrones.
Prizes/gifts consist of:
- Free Sky Store Buy & Keep Movie
- Two free test match cricket tickets worth at least £60 on its own.
- Free SkyQ Subscription / Box etc
- Tickets to cinema previews
- Sky Show audience tickets
- Tickets to exclusive events
- Sky Atlantic VIP.
Learn more on Sky.com
Surely haggling for a better price is better than these rewards?
Yes, 100% but you should be able to get both by haggling and also claiming these rewards.
Here are some quick ways to save money with Sky:
- Ditch the channels you don’t need/use
- Check the ‘Existing Customers’ Deals
- Haggle outside of contract for better deals, e.g. at the end of your contract
- Compare prices with other providers like Virgin TV
- Tell Sky you use Freeview and are happy with that
- Cancel and wait. They should ring you after a few weeks offering you a better deal. If you wait it out until it’s just about to end give them a call and see if they will give you a good deal, we got 75% off for 1 year when rejoining
- Be nice and just ask and explain the situation
- Don’t panic when they say they’ll disconnect your Sky, just tell them you will call back once you’ve discussed it with others in your household
- Never say yes to the first offer
- Silence from their side is a classic trick to get you to agree to the offer, counter offer at this point
- Ring back another time to see if you have better luck with another operator.
- Cancel Sky altogether and move to Netflix, Amazon Prime &/or NowTv
How do I get it?
Download the iOS or Android apps from this page