Is your 'Smart' TV watching you have sex and are scammers putting it online until you pay for removal?
- May 23, 2016
1) A PowerPort 6 (http://amzn.to/2ajMWyw) with a 6FT Apple Lightning cable (http://amzn.to/2ajPhJK) and a 6FT MicroUSB (http://amzn.to/2akG7Ag)
Also grab a 6ft cable + one of these http://amzn.to/2akGHh8 for beside your bed, it changes everything. No almost falling out of bed, No knocking your head on the side cabinet anymore.
2) A set of LED strip lights
Ideal for behind the sofa for some awesome mood lighting or around the TV for some added cinematic feel (although I would keep away from the TV in truth as they can be distracting).
↪ Feeling rich? Grab the Phillips Hue set instead > http://amzn.to/2ajOYif
↪ or replace your existing light bulbs > http://amzn.to/2akHI8X
3) An Android TV Stick / Box – Most people don’t realise that they can replace their DVD/Sky boxes with these little black boxes
Kodi Box > http://amzn.to/2akGxGP
Google Chromecast > http://10ws.co/2ajNK6x
Amazon Fire TV > http://amzn.to/2akHn6t
4) Logitech Harmony Universal Remote
Replaces 4 remote controls in my lounge
5) Wemo Plugs – Control sockets from your phone or from IFTTT etc (e.g. if I’m at home and it the sun has set turn on the light in the lounge)
↪ Combine this with a big IKEA light to complete change a room > http://10ws.co/2ajPs8d
6) Fisual Reusable Loop Cable Ties
Such a simple product but these are incredibly useful for around the lounge/tv etc.
7) A laptop Cooling Pad
Laptop + TV = pretty much every evening for us, these are useful when you’re sick of Apple trying to melt your legs
8) An upgraded internet home router – The one BT/Virgin/TalkTalk etc provide is crap
Often you can increase your internet speed / range / ping (reaction time) by spending £30-£150 on something decent.
For gaming it is vital to reduce your ping speed (test it on here > http://www.speedtest.net/, anything less than 20 is great. Over 150 = horrific lag)
Before you upgrade your router see if your service provider can improve your ping by doing some tests
NetGear Nighthawk > http://amzn.to/2akJ1oD
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 > http://amzn.to/2akK0VP
We use AC66U > http://amzn.to/2ajRlBQ
9) Some decent Ethernet cables – Wifi sucks and if you hate buffering this might be a great solution, grab some ethernet cables and drill (be careful) through your walls to get Ethernet throughout your house
↪ Grab a Ethernet Switch > http://amzn.to/2akJqr0
↪ Don’t fancy drilling holes or laying cable? Grab http://amzn.to/2ajQTDt instead
10) A set of Internet speakers (or a device to plug into existing speakers) controllable from your phone
It can really transform a party, allowing others to add songs to playlists etc without the use of a laptop that you risk getting drinks spilt on etc.
Sonos > http://amzn.to/2ajRHZ1
Chromecast Audio (plugged into your existing speakers) > http://10ws.co/2ajNK6x
Bluetooth Speaker Audio Receiver Adapter > http://amzn.to/2akKRWg
OK, strictly not a gadget but Cards Against Humanity is always worth a buy > http://amzn.to/2ajOxoi