On Friday 14th July Krispy Kreme on their Facebook/Twitter/Vimeo page announced the following:
Celebrate 80 Years of Smiles… …by sharing FREE doughnuts!
To celebrate our 80th birthday, we want to create a million smiles this summer!
Show us how happy our doughnuts make you…
And you could get a FREE box to spread those smiles even further!
Update: Our first 10ways user Iola got a box!
How do I get free doughnuts?
There are two things at play here:
- Firstly they’re launching their Birthday Summer tour, where they hand out free doughnuts in selected locations across the UK. You normally get a free 12 box and we’ve posted about them in the past. More details will come soon about this tour and we will post about this on the Facebook page + 10ways Whatsapp group.
- Secondly, this current promotion involves you tweeting ‘a group selfie of you enjoying a Krispy Kreme with #80YearsofSmiles’ and following @krispykremeUK on Twitter; 1200 boxes of doughnuts will be given out to the selected winners of this promotion. Full details/terms below.
- CBA to both of the above? OK fair enough remember you can claim a free Krispy Kreme by signing up to their ‘friends of’ scheme (new alias email = another freebie) 😉
The terms / how do I win?
To enter: Tweet a group selfie of you enjoying a Krispy Kreme with #80YearsofSmiles and follow @krispykremeUK; between 14/07/17 and 31/08/17 (daily draws) for your chance to win 1 of 1,200 ‘The Original Dozen’ Krispy Kreme vouchers. For full prize details and terms and conditions see below. Promoter: Krispy Kreme UK.
Full Terms & Conditions:
- 1.This Promotion is open to legal residents of mainland Great Britain aged 16 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
- 2.Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 BST on 14th July 2017 and 23.59 BST on 31st August 2017. During the Promotion Period, there will be daily draws. Each day of the Promotion will start at 00.01 and end at 23.59.
- 3.No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Twitter account are required.
- 4.To Enter: Log onto your Twitter account (or create one for free), follow @krispykremeUK, tweet a group photo and include the hashtag #80YearsofSmiles.
- 5.Further Entry Details:
- a.The photo must be a group photo of 2 or more people;
- b.Everyone who features in the photo must be smiling; and
- c.Entrants must get permission from anyone featured in their entry before entering the Promotion.
- 6.Entrants will need to continue to follow @krispykremeUK after the Promotion so that they can be contacted if they are selected as a winner.
- 7.Maximum one entry per person during the Promotion Period.
- 8.The Prize: 1200 winners (25 winners per day) will each win 1x ‘Original Glazed Dozen’ Krispy Kreme voucher.
- 9.Additional Prize details and conditions:
- a.The vouchers can only be used to redeem 1 box of ‘Original Glazed Dozen’ Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
- b.The vouchers are valid until 12th October 2017.
- c.The vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher or offer.
- d.Any vouchers presented to a server for redemption as part of a Promotion which appear to have been defaced or falsified in any way may be refused at the discretion of the server or store manager.
- e.Vouchers can be redeemed at all Krispy Kreme UK stores. Not redeemable in Tesco, Morrisons, Moto, Welcome Break, Roadchef, Shell, Costco, Center Parcs, Selfridges, Airport stores, Krispy Kreme Occasions and online orders.
- 10.Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
- 11.Winner Selection: All valid entries received by the Promoter during each Promotion Period will be entered into the relevant daily prize draw to be conducted within 24 hours of each promotional day (except for weekends) and, for your total confidence, by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If the Promoter receives less than 25 valid entries on a given day, the un-awarded prizes will be rolled over to the end of the Promotion Period, and a prize draw from all non-winning entries will be conducted.
- 12.Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via a direct message to their Twitter account within 5 working days of the relevant draw and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility, their postal address plus acceptance of the prize within 14 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond within 14 days of initial contact; the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to an alternate entrant selected in the same manner.
- 13.In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final.
- 14.The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries if they:
- a.contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content including sexist or racist language or imagery;
- b.include the names, likenesses, photographs or similar of any individual without their express permission;
- c.contain immoral or obscene behaviour;
- d.condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour;
- e.cause offence on the ground of religion, gender, sexual orientation, nudity, disability or age;
- f.refer to any brand other than the Promoter; or
- g.represent a danger, health and safety fear or distress.
- 15.The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify entries which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Promotion.
- 16.Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The prizes must be taken as stated and accepted as a whole and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use or accept the prizes as stated.
- 17.In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 18.Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prizes from the date of winner acceptance.
- 19.The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
- 20.All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- 21.No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- 24.As far as permitted by law the Promoter excludes all liability in connection with the prize or Prize Draw.
- 25.The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any part of the Prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or generally for intent as well as for gross negligence.
- 26.If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- 27.If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- 28.In the event of unforeseen circumstances only, the Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the prize draw without prior notice.
- 29.The winners may be requested to participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
- 30.The names and counties of the winners will be available by sending an email to: [email protected] after 15th October 2017 and will be available for 4 weeks.
- 31.By entering this Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- 32.This Promotion is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Krispy Kreme UK, Unit 4 Albany Park, Frimley Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7PQ
— Krispy Kreme UK (@krispykremeUK) July 14, 2017