We know this is controversial however NUS actively allow it so for those who don’t know how to get an official student discount card for £28 here are the official steps
It will give you the following benefits:
– 10% off The Co-Operative Food 3200 stores, http://10ws.co/1x5Zq1B
– 10-20% off at SuperDrug
– Selected discounts at Amazon http://amzn.to/1dIf53Q (send a photograph of your NUS card for the proper student discount, sign up on here)
– 10% off Asos http://10ws.co/1DInK11
– Free food at McDonalds when ordering a meal
– 40% off Zizzi
– FT.com Student Membership
– Extra 25% off Odeon Student Prices http://10ws.co/1x5ZaQo
How do I do it?
1) Buy a course from £15 e.g. http://10ws.co/2jlLKAM or this or http://10ws.co/1K59K5e
2) Follow the course details to sign up
3) Sign up on https://cards.nusextra.co.uk and confirm your details, select ‘eCareers’ or ‘The Shaw Academy’ and pay £13 for 1 year or £32 for 3 years + £1.50 P&P charge
4) You’re now an official student, you can see your NUS card number (to claim discounts straight-away like for Spotify) within your card tracking page.
5) Once your card arrives start using it at places like Co-op etc
Are you a previous student?
You can sign up for an Alumni card instead, the same benefits. Add DOB instead of old student number if you can’t find it.
What other discounts can I get?
Boom you’re officially now a student with an NUS discount card, just wait for your card in the post.
A full list of student discounts can be found on our website.