UPDATE: This appears to now have stopped, let us know if you find an alternative method.
We know this is controversial however NUS actively allow it so for those who don’t know how to get an official student discount card for £28 here are the official steps
It will give you the following benefits:
– 10% off The Co-Operative Food 3200 stores, http://10ws.co/1x5Zq1B
– 10-20% off at SuperDrug
– 10% off Asos http://10ws.co/1DInK11
– Free food at McDonalds when ordering a meal
– 40% off Zizzi
– FT.com Student Membership
– Extra 25% off Odeon Student Prices http://10ws.co/1x5ZaQo
How do I do it?
2) Follow the course details to sign up
3) Sign up on https://cards.nusextra.co.uk and confirm your details, select ‘eCareers’ or ‘The Shaw Academy’ and pay £13 for 1 year or £32 for 3 years + £1.50 P&P charge
4) You’re now an official student, you can see your NUS card number (to claim discounts straight-away like for Spotify) within your card tracking page.
5) Once your card arrives start using it at places like Co-op etc
Are you a previous student?
You can sign up for an Alumni card instead, the same benefits. Add DOB instead of old student number if you can’t find it.
What other discounts can I get?
Boom you’re officially now a student with an NUS discount card, just wait for your card in the post.