Mondelez International, the people that own Cadbury, Milka, Prince, Toblerone, Tuc, Mikado, Belvita and Oreo have got a job position opening to test / evaluate chocolate for 7.5 hours per week Tuesday-Thursday 12:15-2.45pm, it sounds like the perfect job, in fact I’m tempted to quit 10ways and join!
The position is located at their Science Centre known as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) and as the name suggests is based in Reading.
Just remember Mondelez are the same company that swapped the Dairy Milk chocolate of Creme eggs to a cheaper cocoa mix, reduced the size of Terry’s Chocolate Orange’s but kept the same packaging size, rounded the corners of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk bars to save weight, moved manufacturing from England to Poland for many products, stopped the retired staff incentive scheme (free box of chocolates) at Christmas and of course swapped raisins to sultanas “to add more variation” + the accidental benefit that sultanas are cheaper in Fruit and Nut bars.
So if you do get the job please ensure no more chocolate is ruined by this big American company.
- Be able to taste chocolate and cocoa beverage products and give objective and honest feedback.
- Work within a team of panellists to share opinions and collaborate to reach an agreement on taste.
- Use a clearly defined vocabulary to describe products and aid in the discrimination between products.
- Be consistent in the results given.
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
- Chocolate tasters are key in helping Mondelez perfect and launch an entirely new product all over the world.
- A passion for confectionary and taste buds for detection
- Honesty when it comes to giving an opinion
- Eager to try new inventive products
- A communicative personality to build great relationships with your panel
- A firm grasp of the English Language