If you’re struggling to buy essentials at the moment or more importantly have family members that are vulnerable that require food but really shouldn’t be leaving the house then Morrisons have you covered, they’re currently selling Food Boxes which are delivered direct to their doors and best of all they seem to have decent availability.
- Vegetarian Food Box – £35 delivered (enough food for 2 people to last 1 week or 1 person to last ~2 weeks + some essentials like toilet paper)
- Meat Eaters Food Box – £35 delivered (enough food for 2 people to last 1 week or 1 person to last ~2 weeks + some essentials like toilet paper)
- Market Square Meals Box (total of 8 complete pre-prepared meals) – £30 delivered
- Market Kitchen Meal Maker Box (8 pre-prepared dishes, you then add your own rice, pasta or potatoes to complete the meal) – £30 delivered
- Family Meat Box (9 different packs of meat + 2 sauces) – £45 delivered
What are in the boxes?
This varies each week on the two essential boxes but typically both the meat + veggy box should feed 2 adults for one week, or if it’s one person you should be good to freeze part of the order to spread it across 2 weeks. The others box appear to be fixed and details of these are available on each box page.
What are the availability/slots like?
As of April 14th, we could order delivery for next day or any day for the following week. This will vary and is subject to change but it seems Morrisons have ramped up production of these boxes.
Are they good value?
On the example video (and the screenshot at the top of this page) by Katy Jayne on YouTube it was calculated that the value of her meat box contents was £30.35 and considering it cost her £35 delivered we think that’s decent value.