I’ve only met one person in my life that doesn’t eat pizza, my father, and you know what they say ‘You can choose your friends, but you’re stuck with your family’.
First we will start with the ways you SHOULD NEVER reheat pizza:
- Never use the Microwave – It will be a soggy mess, if you must do it then reduce power down to 50%, place a mug of water inside and then the plate on top. Adding kitchen paper can help reduce soggyness but be careful
- Fold pizza in half – jam into a george foreman grill. Problem with this is you don’t get direct heat on the toppings.
Worthy mentions but not very practical:
- On a BBQ – Heat that badboy up and place on top – really works well however a pain to do
- Microwave + Frying pan – 30 seconds in the microwave and then place on a frying pan to crisp. It’s a good option but you might as well do the whole thing at once (see below)
- Under the grill – A worthy contender but you’ve got to be careful you don’t burn it (easy mistake when hungover for instance) – You also risk a cold bottom unless you use a Pizza stone etc
- In the oven – 180c for 5 mins or a little longer depending on your oven – problem with this is you’ve got to wait for the oven to be up to temperature (5-15mins)
- Using the trusty pizza oven we have for home-made pizzas – problem with this is it’s a pain to clean and you’ve got to wait for it to heat up
The perfect way to reheat pizza
1) Grab a skillet or if you don’t have one then grab a frying pan and find a lid that roughly fits it (if you don’t have the lid you risk the toppings not being hot enough, using tin foil or an upside down plate could be a good alternative)
2) On a medium heat place the pizza in the pan, place the lid on top
3) Cook for 5-8 mins (or if you’re in a rush 2-4 on high heat, flipping the pizza over to cook the toppings. Just watch for burning!)
Possible changes to this: adding a few drops of water (after 2 mins) to the PAN and NOT the pizza, this creates a steam blanket that adds moisture to the toppings (ideal if they’ve been left uncovered overnight in the fridge etc)
Video of the perfect way