The Royal Mail delivers tons of ‘junk’ mail every week, often these items are unaddressed and are flyers/leaflets for businesses/services etc.
For most people they just go straight in the recycling bin so are a complete waste of time, money and resources!
How do I stop the Royal Mail junk mail?
Just to be clear, opting out means no one at the address will receive unaddressed mail items. If the post says “The Occupier” etc then it will still be delivered.
- Fill out this form and pop it in a postbox (free post) – Remember to print in black & white to save expensive ink 😉
- or Email [email protected] with details of your address and name, they will then send you a form (the exact same one as on here) to complete and post back (free post)
- [ALSO DO THIS] – Visit http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/ and complete the form on there to remove your address from various marketing databases etc.
The problem with stopping the junk mail
If everyone did it, prices for stamps etc would increase.
You may also like:
- How to get your parcel delivered to you and not ‘Returned to Depot’
- Never buy cardboard boxes (for moving, sending parcels etc)
- The Postman Scam