Some of these are a little obvious but others you hopefully haven’t tried before!
- Chill the alcohol in the freezer, even nasty drinks taste better when chilled
- Make Vodka Jelly (extra points for LEGO moulds > http://amzn.to/1Fnwpme or http://amzn.to/1BciFhU)
- Blend your wine… Yes really
- Just buy cheap good stuff – mid-priced Smirnoff in blind taste tests with posh cocktail and spirit experts was the best-tasting vodka on the market. Maybe try this between you and your mates and then decide.
- Water Filter / charcoal filter your Vodka or use Charcoal. Charcoal is awesome at filtering out microscopic impurities that affect taste and purity.
- Buy a bottle of Grenadine – it makes even the poorest of cocktails look decent or make your own to save a few quid
- Adding a good squeeze of lime, lemon, grapefruit etc juice will make even the poorest of drinks taste nice
- Buy a bottle of Unique flavour enhancer AKA Angostura Bitters (44.7% alcohol) – found in tons of whiskey & gin cocktails
- Make an alcohol slush puppy with http://amzn.to/1PyJQpC
- Learn how to make simple cocktails
– cheap rum, mix it up with apple juice and pineapple juice
– cheap gin, lemons, limes, oranges, etc, and add Sprite or Lemonade or tonic etc
– cider + whiskey = ciderball
– 1/8 lime juice + 2/8 grapefruit juice + 2/8 cheap tequila + 3/8 soda water/lemonade
– cheap tequila + orange juice, then add a splash of grenadine AKA cheap mans Tequila Sunrise!
– Cheeky Vimto = WKD (or unbranded equivalent + shot of port
– 50ml cheap white rum, 25ml coconut cream, 25ml single cream and 200ml pineapple juice.
– Long island ice tea – 25ml light rum, 25ml vodka, 25ml gin, 25ml tequila, 50ml lime juice, coke.
p.s. sites like http://www.drinksmixer.com & UK Complex are good for hunting out other ideas
Always remember to drink responsibly!