We all know plastic bags are crap for the earth, now are so thin you end up double bagging everything and most of them end up in the bin within 1 or 2 uses as they start to fall apart.
Well the government have decided enough is enough and all supermarkets (in England) will have to charge at least 5p from October 5th 2015.
The money raised however supposedly will go to charity which is a nice idea at least, however, it’s estimated it will cost families around £1.5billion over the next 10 years.
These 10 ways will save you some money:
- Use your parents stash of plastic bags that are stored in a cupboard dating back 15 years
- Buy decent reusable bags from http://amzn.to/1VazTFN
- There is no charge for the ‘fruit/veg’ bags so use these for your shopping… (joke)
- 99p Fold-up bags > http://10ws.co/1VaA4AJ or Strawberry Version > http://10ws.co/1QAb27x
- Bags without handles are still free…however we’ve never seen them
- Paper bags are free however again no supermarket we know use them…
- Trolley Bags are awesome albeit a little expensive > http://10ws.co/1Pw9PxY
- Bag Buddy > http://10ws.co/1OvZ2X2 + use existing bags
- Find all the ‘bag for life’ bags you’ve bought over the years, that are now being used to store clothes, things in the garage/loft etc
- Make your own Duct-tape shopping bag