View full sized version!
Important things to remember with everything we post:
- If you earn over your personal allowance (currently £12,500 a year) HMRC need to get their % cut (even if the money is in cash or from another country)
- If you’re working for yourself / earning an income on the side you need to let HMRC know – There are numerous benefits but also some drawbacks
- You need to always ensure whatever you’re doing is legal and not hurting anyone else – be careful and always think twice
- Some income streams may require you to have DBS check, licence, insurance or qualifications before you can start to profit from it, do your research.
- Be careful that any additional income doesn’t compromise your studies or main income/job
- If you work for a company check your contract, if you don’t inform them you’re working on other side projects outside of work they may have grounds to ownership on this work