Morrisons has launched a jaw stretching 1 foot-long sausage roll this week for just £1 but the true question is that a Subway foot long where it’s 11inches or a full 12-inch monster?
Sadly the £1 price isn’t here to stay as on the 14th of August prices are expected to rise.
- It currently costs £1
- Believed to be the largest sausage roll on sale at any UK supermarket
- It weighs half a kilo (500g) or just a bit heavier than an Apple iPad Air 2016 + 1 1/2 Apple Lightning cables… not sure why we did that comparison… anyway
- It’s ‘double the length and four times the weight of some high street competitors’
- Made with ‘seasoned pork meat and wrapped in a crisp, golden flaky pastry’.
- It goes up to £1.43 on 14 August.
Morrisons’ pie and pastry expert (the best job in the world surely?), Philippa Shaw, said:
“We sell one million freshly baked sausage rolls-a-week but customers have asked for one that is even bigger.
“So we created this foot-long version.
“With the start of the football season approaching, we’re hoping our foot long sausage roll will be making its way to the top of the snack league table!”