Deliveroo is a food delivery service that allows people to order food from places that don’t normally offer a delivery service, e.g. KFC, Nandos, FiveGuys etc. Delivery is done by people on scooters, bikes and even skateboards, they delivery person gets roughly £3.50-£4.50 per delivery depending on distance etc.
We’ve spoiled the video by giving you the answer in the photo above but that’s primarily because it wasn’t really a fair test or a full time 8 hour a day style job so the £75.00 he made was across 16 deliveries, we’ve seen some people do 16 deliveries in one day before.
- Work when you want
- Good exercise (if you use a bike)
- Great way of finding new places in your city/town
- Earn up to £13 per hour (or roughly £3.50 per order)
- Lots of waiting for orders to be ready
- Low income for day shifts, most money appears to be at night.
- You need a bike or other form of transport
- No guarantee of earning money
- A decent amount of effort required
- Can be dangerous riding bikes around a city
- Possibly tax implications (just like any other sole trader)
- Faffing around finding restaurants / finding people
- A bit daunting at first
- Robots will replace this job in 2-5 years time.