(Don’t worry one of them is avoid them completely for all the people who are bound to say it)
1) On the Starbucks menu you will see 3 sizes Tall, Grande and Venti but you can also order a Short, it’s a smaller and a less expensive drink. The size is always available however it’s never offered. EDIT: it seems you do get less coffee in this but ideal if you don’t want a large cup.
2) Some places will charge you for cold milk, some up to £1. If they try and charge you, ask for an extra cup instead (should be free everywhere) and go get the milk from the condiment stand. Obviously only do this if you’re a paying customer for other items.
3) Take your own mug and save 25p
4) “When you purchase a Filter Coffee to stay in one of our participating stores in the UK or Ireland, after you finish you can enjoy a Tall Filter Coffee on us”, so in theory you could order a cheaper Short Filter Coffee and get a free refill instead of buying a Tall Filter Coffee. Supposedly this is only for Tall drink sizes only however it doesn’t mention that on the website. Some places may charge 25p-50p but shouldn’t do
5) Don’t buy one or go elsewhere. For instance you can get free coffee/cappuccinos from Waitr0se* http://10ws.co/16HiFSL OR even coffee & cake from J0hn Lewis* http://10ws.co/1acGzp0
You can even brew your own Starbucks coffee at home using online recipes
6) Go to Starbucks one hour before they close and order a filter coffee. The machine is already turned off, so you will be offered an Americano at the same price (and still enjoy a free refill). Moreover, the staff will be happy to get rid of some muffins and pastries they haven’t sold during the day.
7) Save up to 9% on Starbucks Giftcards (instantly redeemable on Starbucks app) + extra free £5 with code 2dr46x on http://10ws.co/1Ml7DIe
8) Triple espresso over ice in a Venti cup + free milk from the condiment area = cheap ‘iced latte’
9) The obvious Starbucks loyalty card, even though it’s nowhere near as it used to be. It gives you a ‘Free’ drink every 15 stars/drinks you buy, Collect 50 Stars within 12 months and you’re at the Gold level = Free Extra Shots/Syrups/Whipped Cream/Origin Espresso upgrade.
10) [Limited success] – Order a ‘puppy latte’ or ‘puppycino’, and your best friend will get a sample cup full of whipped cream. Just remember dogs technically aren’t supposed to have dairy…
► Fancy sharing the secrets of the company you work for?
Message us, we will keep it all anonymous. Thank you