- Vacuum seal food without any fancy equipment, grab a food bag, fill it with foodstuff, place the bag into water ensuring no water gets it. This will push all the air out of the bag. Keep submerging until all the air has exited and you can close off the bag.
- Use one battery to power a remote control and use a screw/bolt to fit the other side. Or alternatively use rechargeables
- Remove lid from your toilet, fill a 1L bottle with water and place inside the cistern. This will save you money on each flush.
- [Warning this could be risky, think extra carefully] Consider sharing internet with your neighbours, split the costs. You may want to setup an agreement here to ensure they’re equally to blame for any issues.
- Grab a Spray Bottle, warm water, Baking Soda AKA bicarbonate of soda (1 teaspoon), Fabric Softner (1 tablespoon) and mix together, you now have a fabric refresher
- Grab a Spray Bottle, 2 teaspoons of Baking Soda AKA bicarbonate of soda, 1 teaspoon of washing up liquid, 3 tablespoons of white vinegar, mix with warm water and shake. You now have a cheap surface cleaner!
- Swap your bulbs to LED light bulbs
Others ways to improve your house on the cheap | 10 products you should always splurge on when buying