Another superb video from HonestGuide explaining how to save money in Prague, because the way Facebook dislikes YouTube video links we’re posting it on our website instead.
The key points of the video:
- The currency is Czech koruna NOT EUROS
- You can use Euros in some places but don’t
- There are lots of currency exchange places that will scam you / cost you a fortune (e.g. 28% commission or awful exchange rate)
- Don’t change your money just use a debit card instead, most places accept them. Learn about travel debit cards.
- Don’t use ATMs unless you know it’s a reputable machine
- Avoid Euronet ATMs
- Don’t change money on the streets