Microfibre cloths are superb at so many cleaning tasks however often they get misused and end up in the bin way before they should be.
Things to avoid:
- Avoid hot water
- Avoid fabric softener
- Avoid laundry detergent
- Avoid all cleaning chemicals/products
- Avoid cleaning alongside other fabrics
- Avoid using clothes dryer if mixing with other items
- If it drops on the floor don’t use EVER AGAIN to clean anything that is important (e.g. car paintwork, glass, work surfaces)
- Avoid ironing
Things to do:
- Use warm/cold water to clean. Nothing else.
- Hand wash for best performance, let them soak and then agitate.
- If you must use a washing machine then ensure it’s alongside other non-linting synthetic materials and on a cold/warm setting
- Leave to air-dry for the best performance longterm
- If you insist on drying in the tumble dryer, ensure you clean the whole thing out to remove any build up of lint ensuring you don’t mix with other items).
Which micro fibre cloths should I buy?
- Amazon Basics 24 for £12 (we use these and they’re great)
- Sinland Microfibre Towel £7.50 (ideal for cars)
- Clay:Roberts 20 pack for £10