Pizza + Mug + under 2 minutes + cheap = heaven
This quite possibly could replace instant noodles for students worldwide. It certainly will save you money compared with ordering from your local pizzeria!
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon marinara (tomato, garlic, herbs, and onions) sauce or use tomato paste/ketchup etc if you’re struggling/in a rush
- 1 generous tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese (or any other cheese will do)
- 5 mini pepperoni (or any other toppings)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs (basil or oregano will work)
Mix the dry goods (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a microwavable mug or possibly one of these).
Add the wet ingredients (oil, milk) & roughly mix together.
Add your tomato sauce, cheese and toppings.
You may also like:
- Reheating pizza: The definitive guide
- Remove 40 calories (1/3) from your slices of pizza (in one simple step)
- The Tortilla Pizza Alternative
Smash it in the microwave and cook for 1m20s (1200W microwave), most microwaves in the UK are 750-900W so increase cooking accordingly. Once it rises up and the toppings are bubbling it’s ready!
Let it cool a little, as we all know hot cheese stuck to the roof of your mouth is enough to make you pass out!
Sit back and Instagram the shizzle out of it.
Full video (Gemma Stafford/YouTube):